The last weekend in July, every other year, Eric's family on his mom's side has a huge family reunion in Idaho. They rent out a large camping/recreation area and we all spend a couple of days camping and hanging out together. Each family is in charge of certain meals and/or games throughout the weekend and on Saturday night the family band sets up and plays for a fun night of singing and dancing. I think one of the best things is that every year there is a humanitarian project that we work on.

This year we even rode the canal. It was the first time that the kids and I had done it. The funny thing is that in Idaho, a canal is more of what I think of as a small river. It was tons of fun and the kids had a blast! I am not sure if they liked jumping off the bridge or riding the rapids more, but they did not take a break for about 4 hours. We always have a great time and love seeing all the extended family. We can't wait for 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment