Ruled by; The Prince, The Princess, and The Duchess

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The End...

So much to do, so little time. It seems that no matter how many times I have set aside time to finish out the years activities, something else comes up. The bigger the kids get, the more I feel like a taxi driver. I am finding that I have less and less time to get to the things I need to do, but don't get me wrong, I am not complaining! It is great to be able to be at the beck and call of my family. The 26th of January is my 1 year anniversary of being "Just Mom", remember a title that I am 100% OK with! This has been a really great year for me and I just want to give a shout out to Eric for working so hard so that I was able to quit my job! I hope you feel it is as worthwhile as I do!
Anyway...on to our End of the Year Festivities!
We had reservations at "The Resort" for Christmas break. My mom had invited all the kids to come home for Christmas and spend Christmas Eve at their house and have a giant sleepover. We all live within 30 miles, or less, of each other, but we thought that it would be a fun way to spend Christmas Eve. This year it was Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas day with Eric's family, so it worked out well.

Christmas Eve turned into our own personal Felice Navidad. We decided that we were traditional holiday fooded out and we had a homemade Mexican dinner. It was delicious. We then did our gift exchange and each of the grandkids got a new set of Christmas PJ's and knitted slippers from Banana and Papa. Banana put a lot of work into the slippers and the kids loved them!

Christmas day the kids woke up to find that Santa had gotten their letters and found them at their grandparents house. It was full chaos to watch them all open up their presents and find out the they must have all been very good children, because Santa delivered. Alec got a Nintendo DS and some games, Chloe got a handheld Leapfrog game, which she affectionately calls her Leapster DS, and some games and Kate got a Cabbage Patch baby and a musical stand n' play. Kate was very uninterested in presents. In fact she refused to open them and just pushed them out of the way. It was very comical. Maybe next year she will get it!

After cinnamon rolls, bacon and eggs, we headed over to Grandma Marilyn's to spend the day with Eric's family. We had pizza and presents and a great time just hanging out with everybody playing games and watching movies. It was very low key and relaxing, but a memorable and fun day!

My mom and I had planned on making some new quilts and since she was off work for a couple of weeks we had set this time aside to get it done. It took us a little longer than we planned, but they turned out great! We actually ended up staying about a week because of this, we made a California King and two Queens...what were we thinking??, hopefully not overstaying our welcome! While we worked, the kids and Eric and Papa enjoyed the snow outside. Papa even hooked tubes up to his truck and pulled the kids around the neighborhood on the snowy streets. They had a blast!
New Year's Eve we went over to Kyler and Jenna's house. Their kids got a Wii for Christmas and wanted Alec and Chloe to come play. We had Cafe Rio for dinner and played cards while the kids played together. Thanks to the Wii, the 4 older kids all made it to midnight and were able to bang pots and pans outside and ring in the New Year.
It was a perfect ending to a great year. Despite the hard times many people are going through, we have had a very blessed year. It is something we don't take lightly. We are so grateful for all that we have and know that none of it would not be ours if it wasn't for our Heavenly Father. We are blessed to have the gospel in our lives and wonderful family and friends all around us. Our kids are amazing and each one of them brings such joy and happiness to us that we are glad we get to hang on to them, and each other, for eternity. No blessing could ever beat that! May our Heavenly Father bless you all and have a wonderful New Year!

No comments: